Keeping your jewellery in perfect condition
Because it can vary what materials are being used in our products we've made a maintenance guide. This way you can keep your silver, silk or leather Barong Barong Jewellery in perfect condition!
Although Barong Barong Jewellery is made from premium materials, you’ll have to take good care of it. Jewellery will retain their beauty if it’s maintained properly, materials are still subject to wear and tear. Please read the following guidelines on how to maintain your jewellery. Your products will last longer.
- Do not wear your jewellery while you’re sleeping.
- Avoid wearing jewellery doing sports.
- Don’t wear your Barong Barong products on the beach, in the shower or during swimming.
- Avoid contact with perfume, alcohol, make-up, beauty products, chemical products, lemon and other acid substances.
Well maintained leather can last a very long time. Over time leather will age and gives your piece of jewellery a characterized and unique look.
- Avoid contact with chemical products
- Avoid contact with water, don't take your leather piece of jewellery swimming or showering.
After a while you will notice that your silver bracelet will get a matte finish instead of the bright and shiny finish you got used to. We think silver looks better and better over time. But if you want to restore it's sparkling brightness, these are the things you can do:
- Using hot mild soapy water to remove heavy stains with a soft cloth.
- Routinely wipe your silver bracelet, necklace or ring with a polishing cloth.
- Silver oxidizes. So storing your silver jewellery in a oxygen-free environment prevents the silver from discoloring.